To connect to the Zynstra management Cloud by VPN from a MacOSX client computer, you need to follow these steps:
- Download and install an OpenVPN client for MacOSX
- Download your Zynstra VPN client config file (called "client.ovpn")
- Run the OpenVPN client with the downloaded client config file
A popular OpenVPN client for MacOSX is Tunnelblick. It can be obtained for free from https://tunnelblick.net/. Follow these basic steps to use Tunnelblick with OpenVPN:
First you need to download and install the OpenVPN client
- Download the Tunnelblick_version.dmg file from https://tunnelblick.net/.
- Open the downloaded disk image file (which mounts the disk image).
- Drag the Tunnelblick icon (may be labelled "Tunnelblick.app") to your Applications folder.
Now you need to download the VPN client configuration file
- Go here: https://access.zcp.zynstra.com/?src=connect
- We use a self signed certificate for this page, so your browser will give you a warning message. Accept this certificate warning message in your browser to continue.
- Enter your Zynstra partner account details, and select the option from the pull down menu to Login
- Download the Connection profile by clicking on the link: Yourself (user-locked profile)
- Copy the downloaded connection profile to ~/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations folder on the Mac.
Now you are ready to run TunnelBlick and connect by VPN
- Run Tunnelblick by double-clicking its icon in the Applications folder.
- The first time Tunnelblick is run on a given Mac, it will ask the user for the user's password (on the Mac system). This is because Tunnelblick must have root privileges to run, as it modifies network settings as part of connecting to the VPN.
For more information on using Tunnelblick, see https://tunnelblick.net/cUsingTunnelblick.html