To connect to the Zynstra management Cloud by VPN from a Linux client computer, you need to follow these steps
- Install an OpenVPN client for Linux
- Download your Zynstra VPN client config file (called "client.ovpn")
- Run the OpenVPN client with the downloaded client config file
Installing an OpenVPN client:
Usually, the easiest way to install an OpenVPN client is to use the package management system for your particular Linux distribution. Run one of the following commands (as root):
*NOTE: OpenVPN Access Server is not compatible with any version below the 2.1 OpenVPN Community/Linux client!
Once the openvpn package is fetched from the Internet and installed, run the client with the --version argument to make sure that it is version 2.1:
Now you need to download the VPN client configuration file
- Go here: https://access.zcp.zynstra.com/?src=connect
- We use a self signed certificate for this page, so your browser will give you a warning message. Accept this certificate warning message in your browser to continue.
- Enter your Zynstra partner account details, and select the option from the pull down menu to Login
- Download the Connection profile by clicking on the link: Yourself (user-locked profile)
Running the OpenVPN client with the downloaded client config file:
Usually, the easiest way to install an OpenVPN client is to use the --config argument to specify the location of the downloaded client config file:
openvpn --config client.ovpn